Saturday, October 29, 2022

A metaphorical boot in my back

Hi!! I am blogging now.. 

It's goofy I know, but it's necessary for me to be able to produce artwork or writing for this story idea that has dominated a good portion of my headspace for the past few years with any sort of consistency, as well as begin to shift my online presence away from social media sites for many reasons..

It's all about this sci-fi and fantasy story about some dumb kids who live on a boat and fly airplanes in the far far future...... lots of other things too but I have to narrow it down at some point still, I have this idea of it being just a firehose of just human expression, all the subtle, ugly, confusing, and pretty parts of us when under the threat of our whole entire world collapsing.. something somewhat relevant to many generations throughout history but specifically to us here and now with how things are going lately.. It is hard to convey the feeling or need as to why I want to make the story in detail, so I will save this for later post..

Anyhow.. the goal is to make this story into a comic, something to channel my crusty cave drawings and Cro-Magnon scribblings into.. I have made plenty of concept art and whatnot, but not nearly enough!! So I'm hoping that this blog will force my neurotic hand at creating content for this story semi-consistently, or at least putting me on the right track.. it's about time I begin truly cataloging my thoughts, putting words to pictures, and really starting the prep work for the actual story

I will post about any of the ideas I have, drawings and explanations around them, jotting down all my thoughts here for myself and anyone else to see.. It'll all be pretty unfiltered, so just whatever comes to mind really.. Early posts will probably include a lot of previous drawings I have done and explaining them and the concepts depicted there, catching up on what i have to get to the new stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment